Mlada Boleslav is a town with more than thousand year’s long history. The prince Boleslav II established a castle called “Klenici” on the Jizera junction in the second half of 10th century. A settlement has arisen around it soon with the market rights and the church of St. Vit. The lords from Michalovice became possessors of the medieval town. They were from nearby castle on the other Jizera bank. Even now we can see the castle ruins there with characteristic sloping round tower called “Putna”.
The local theatre is another interesting edifice. It has been designed in the Secession style by Viennese architects Fellener and Hellmer and built between years 1906- 1909. The city hall is a Renaissance building from 1554- 1559. The Templ (the Cisarovsky house) is a late Gothic palace constructed from 1488- 1493 by order of the hetman Jan Cisar from Hlinik. Nowadays it is used as an exposition place and gallery.
The motorcycle fans, the mechanic Vaclav Laurin and the bookman Vaclav Klement, established a bicycle manufactory. Three years later they started to produce first motorcycles and in 1905 the first motorcar left the factory. It was the famous car “Voituretta” with 1000 cm3 volume, and maximum speed about 40 km per hour.